- Unilever completes the acquisition of Ingman Ice Cream
Leading brands such as Ingman, Kingis, Jättis, Totally, SuperViva, Åhus Glass and TofuLine
- Unilever to review media planning and buying service
London/Rotterdam - Unilever has announced that it will be reviewing its media services alignment, which include both planning and buying services. The review will have a global scope and will include the services for the four categories – Foods, Refreshment, Home Care and Personal Care – and for the leading countries.
- Unilever’s new Durban plant a model of sustainable savoury dry food production
Minister of Trade and Industry, Dr. Rob Davies, today officially opened Unilever’s R670-million state of the art savoury foods plant at Riverhorse Valley in Durban, and endorsed it as one of the largest private investments in South Africa since the 2010 World Cup.
- Unilever completes acquisition of 82% of Concern Kalina
London / Rotterdam – Unilever announced today that, further to the an-nouncement made on October 14th, it has obtained the necessary regulatory clearances in Russia and Ukraine, and completed the acquisition of 82% of the outstanding shares of Concern Kalina, Russia’s leading Beauty Company.
The transaction will transform Unilever’s personal care business in Russia, giving it leading positions in skin care and hair care, as well as establishing a presence in oral care. It will also streng-then and re-balance Unilever’s portfolio and competitiveness in Russia, an emerging market with considerable potential and one of Unilever’s priority countries.
- High blood sugar levels make you look older, new research suggests
Long term exposure to high levels of glucose causes people to look older than they really are, new research suggests.
- Unilever Completes Sale of Culver Specialty Brands to B&G Foods, Inc.
LONDON & ROTTERDAM, November 30, 2011 – Unilever announced today that it has completed the sale of its Culver Specialty Brands division to B&G Foods, Inc. for the previously announced price of $325 million (EUR 240 million) in cash. Culver Specialty Brands include Mrs. Dash salt-free branded seasoning blends, Molly McButter branded flavored sprinkles, Sugar Twin branded sugar substitute, Baker’s Joy branded baking spray and Static Guard branded anti-static spray in the US and Canada.
- Unilever’s CMO speaks about making sustainable living commonplace: “we need to walk ahead of our consumers”
Speaking at the Marketing Society annual conference, and a year on from the launch of Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan, Keith Weed, Unilever Chief Marketing and Communications Officer, stressed the importance of foresight and the role that brands and marketing can play in making sustainable living commonplace.
- Unilever CEO calls for consumers to be part of the movement for sustainable change
Unilever CEO says a commitment gap between what governments say and what they deliver on sustainability provides an opportunity for business, NGOs and society to step up to the challenge.
- Unilever publishes marketing behaviour change principles to inspire sustainable living
To coincide with a public debate on mainstreaming sustainable living, Unilever has today published the behaviour change model its marketers use to encourage sustainable changes in consumer living habits: ‘Five Levers for Change’.
- Unilever and World Toilet Organization partner for the World’s First Toilet Academy
Ho Chi Minh: With 2.6 billion people across the world without access to clean toilets, Unilever is proud to announce the world’s first Toilet Academy that will address the global sanitation issue.
- Strong growth for all categories in third quarter 2011
Another good quarterly performance against the backdrop of a continuing tough economic environment.
- Unilever Agrees to sell Culver Specialty brands
London & Rotterdam – Unilever today announced that it has signed a definitive agreement with B&G Foods, Inc. to sell its Culver Specialty Brands division, which includes Mrs. Dash salt-free branded seasoning blends, Molly McButter branded flavored sprinkles, Sugar Twin branded sugar substitute, Bakers Joy branded baking spray and Static Guard branded anti-static spray in the US and Canada for $325 million (EUR 230 million) in cash. The transaction, which is subject to regulatory approval, is expected to close this year.
- Unilever in Russia is recognised as the best employer of the FMCG sector
Unilever has taken a leading position in several rankings of the best employers in Russia. Surveys were carried out by Universum, Changellenge Academy, the Future Today and Finance University.
- Unilever declares offer for its 6% and 7% preference shares unconditional
Rotterdam - As part of Unilever’s commitment to promoting the highest possible standards of corporate governance, Unilever N.V. recently announced the launch of a public cash offer for all its outstanding 6% and 7% preference shares. The offer was launched with the aim of strengthening the link between economic interests and voting rights for all Unilever N.V. shareholders.
- Unilever to acquire 82% of leading Russian beauty company Kalina
Successful brands enhance presence in attractive emerging market, strengthen Personal Care portfolio and create leading position in skin care in Russia.
- Unilever continues to invest in Indonesia to increase capacity for growth
Unilever expands state-of-the art Personal Care and Ice Cream facilities to drive growth.
- Unilever N.V. promotes good corporate governance by making a cash offer for its 6% and 7% preference shares; offer memorandum available
Rotterdam - Unilever is committed to promoting the highest possible standards of corporate governance throughout its business. In particular, it is focused on improving governance in Unilever N.V. by addressing the disproportionate voting rights of the 6% and 7% preference shares. Progress towards this goal will help to strengthen the link between economic interest and voting rights for all Unilever N.V. shareholders.
- Extraordinary General Meeting, Rotterdam 16 September 2011
Rotterdam - Unilever N.V. shareholders today approved the resolution put to the extraordinary general meeting in Rotterdam. Voting was by poll and the result is set out below.
- Unilever achieves zero-to-landfill manufacturing commitment in the UK
Unilever can announce that it has achieved its ambition of becoming a "zero to landfill" manufacturer in the UK.
- Unilever to sell VO5 in the USA
Unilever to sell the Alberto VO5 brand in the United States and Puerto Rico, and the Rave brand globally to Brynwood Partners VI L.P.
- Unilever delivers strong growth in first-half 2011
Half-year and second quarter results 2011 reflect a good performance that shows the company’s growth strategy is delivering
- Unilever opens new factory in Mexico
Mexico becomes manufacturing hub for Axe, Rexona and Dove deodorants in North and Central America.
- Unilever announces reorganisation to further drive growth
London/Rotterdam - Unilever today announced changes to its category and go-to-market structure to further support its growth plans, especially in its fast-developing businesses in the emerging markets. The new structure allows for a more efficient rollout of increasingly bigger and more scalable innovations, and the optimization of resources behind strategic priorities.
- Unilever completes sale of Sanex to Colgate-Palmolive
London - Unilever confirmed today that, further to the announcement made on March 23rd 2011, it has completed the sale of the global Sanex business to Colgate-Palmolive for €672m.
- Unilever’s next step in sustainable sourcing of raw materials
Unilever buys first available certificates for Sustainable Soy Oil
- Unilever drives efficiency in capital investment programme
Unilever and Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (NYSE:JEC) have entered a global alliance to support the delivery of Unilever’s capital investments in the future.
- Annual General Meeting, Rotterdam 12 May 2011
Unilever N.V. shareholders today approved all resolutions put to the annual general meeting in Rotterdam.
- Unilever completes Alberto Culver acquisition
Unilever and the Alberto Culver Company today jointly confirmed that, further to the announcement on May 6, they have obtained the necessary regulatory clearances, and Unilever has acquired the Alberto Culver Company.
- Unilever N.V. Agrees Terms With Aegon For The Re-Purchase of Preference Shares
Unilever today announced that it has agreed terms with AEGON for the re-purchase of all their 6% and 7% cumulative preference shares in Unilever N.V. in a transaction valued at €28.5m. This follows the cancellation of the 4% cumulative preference shares in 2010.
- Unilever Receives Approval to Acquire Alberto Culver
Unilever today announced that it has reached an agreement with the US Department of Justice (DOJ) that will complete its proposed acquisition of the Alberto Culver Company. Subject to customary closing conditions, the acquisition is expected to close on or about May 10, 2011.
- Unilever releases first-quarter 2011 trading statement
Fifth Consecutive Quarter of Solid Growth
- Unilever reaches settlement with European Commission on laundry detergents
Unilever has reached a settlement with the European Commission after its investigation into the implementation of the European detergents industry’s Code of Good Environmental Practice.
- Unilever issues its first ever Renminbi bond
London & Rotterdam: Unilever announced today the issuance of its first ever Renminbi (Rmb)-denominated bond.
- Unilever sells Sanex and acquires the laundry brands of Colgate-Palmolive in Colombia
Unilever announced today that it has entered a binding agreement to sell the global Sanex business to Colgate-Palmolive for €672m. The transaction is subject to regulatory approval.
- Unilever completes the sale of its consumer tomato products business in Brazil
São Paulo, Brasil – 3 March 2011– Unilever today announced that it has completed the sale of its consumer tomato products business in Brazil to Cargill for approximately R$600 million (around EUR 260 million).
- Unilever announces management changes
Unilever announces management changes following the recent departure of Sandy Ogg.